ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Intellectual Property; Trademarks
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the SheNow to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the SheNow to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNDER FEDERAL LAW, IF YOU KNOWINGLY MISREPRESENT THAT ONLINE MATERIAL IS INFRINGING, YOU MAY BE SUBJECT TO HEAVY CIVIL PENALTIES. THESE INCLUDE MONETARY DAMAGES, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES INCURRED BY US, BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER, OR BY ANY COPYRIGHT OWNER’S LICENSEE THAT IS INJURED AS A RESULT OF OUR RELYING UPON YOUR MISREPRESENTATION. YOU MAY ALSO BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION FOR PERJURY.
This information should not be construed as legal advice, for further details on the information required for valid DMCA notifications, see 17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3).
In accordance with the DMCA and other applicable law, SheNow has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at SheNow’s sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. SheNow may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Service and/or terminate the accounts of any Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
You agree not to use or launch any automated system, including without limitation, “robots,” “spiders,” “offline readers,” etc. , that accesses the Site in a manner that sends more request messages to the SheNow servers than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time by using a conventional on-line web browser. You agree not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Site nor to use the communication systems provided by the Site for any commercial solicitation purposes.
- attempting to interfere with, compromise the system integrity or security or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running the Site;
- taking any action that imposes, or may impose at our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- uploading invalid data, viruses, worms, or other software agents through the Site;
- impersonating another person or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with a person or entity, conducting fraud, hiding or attempting to hide your identity;
You are solely responsible for your interactions with other SheNow Users. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Users. SheNow shall have no liability for your interactions with other Users, or for any User’s action or inaction.
SheNow does not provide professional advice, diagnosis or treatment of any kind – medical, legal, professional or personal. The opinions you read on this site are those of members of the SheNow community, not necessarily those of SheNow.org
The Site declines to publish unacceptable content. Submission of personal blogs, contributor blogs, subscriber blogs, posts, comments, forum questions and comments, etc does not guarantee publishing on the Site. SheNow retains final publication rights and can refuse publishing on the Site for any reason it deems worthy.
Information including, but not limited to, personal blog posts, contributor blogs, subscriber blogs, posts, comments, forum questions and comments, posted and/or submitted to the Site are property of the Site. By submitting, sending, emailing, posting, etc to the Site, you agree that the Site retains and owns all rights, copyrights and information provided including, but not limited to words, stories, graphics, quotes, blogs, posts, comments, forum questions and comments, etc, and the Site may use such information in any forms, distributions, re-printings (both on-line and print), viral, video, and in any and all media sites as it sees fit. The Site will not be held liable, nor is it responsible for any copyright infringements your posts violate or incur due to any of the above.
All SheNow.com content, and the selection and arrangement thereof, are copyrighted works that belong to the SheNow organization. Copyright 2011-2012 SheNOW. All rights reserved.
The SheNOW logo and contributed icons are copyright 2011-2012. Website member avatars are copyright 2011-2012. All rights reserved.
Links to Third-Party Sites
ADDITIONALLY, YOUR DEALINGS WITH OR PARTICIPATION IN PROMOTIONS OF ADVERTISERS FOUND ON SHENOW, INCLUDING PAYMENT AND DELIVERY OF GOODS, AND ANY OTHER TERMS (SUCH AS WARRANTIES) ARE SOLEY BETWEEN YOU AND SUCH ADVERTISERS. YOU AGREE THAT SHE NOW SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY SORT RELATING TO YOUR DEALINGS WITH SUCH ADVERTISERS.
Warranties and Disclaimers
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
a. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. SHENOW EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
b. SHENOW MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (ii) THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (iii) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (iv) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; (v) ANY ERRORS IN THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED; OR (vi) THAT THIS WEB SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND THE SERVERS ON WHICH THE WEB SITE AND CONTENT ARE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
c. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL.
d. SHENOW DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD-PARTY THROUGH THE SHENOW SERVCE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR SERVICE, OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND SHENOW WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES.
Additional Warranties and Representations
You shall be solely responsible for your own User Content and the consequences of posting or publishing it. In connection with the Content, you affirm, represent and warrant, in addition to the other representations and warranties in this Agreement, the following:
- You are at least 18 years of age and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
Personal Information and Privacy
You expressly understand and agree that SheNow, its directors, officers, employees, clients, and agents shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, (even if SheNow has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from (i) the use or inability to use the service; (ii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iii) statements or conduct of any Member or any third-party on the Service; or (v) any other matter relating to the Service.
Any comments, feedback, materials, testimonials, criticisms, questions, or letters or the like sent or posted by you to SheNow regarding the Site, surveys, products, manufacturers, or marketers, among other things (“Received Materials”) shall be deemed to be non-confidential and free of any claims of proprietary or personal rights unless you explicitly state in writing that the material is “not for publication” and contains “private and proprietary” information that may not be distributed. SheNow shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Received Materials and SheNow will be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, edit, abridge, create derivative works from and/or distribute the Received Materials without limitation or restriction. Furthermore, SheNow is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you post or send to SheNow for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information, without compensation or any other obligations to you.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction